Jansons Institute of Technology, in association with ICT Academy received “Center of Academic Excellence” with EMC2 for Data Science and Big Data Analytics during the Academic year 2014-2015.
Major objectives of the CoE as follows,
- Students can able to address big data analytics projects and to contribute as a Data Science Team Member on other analytics projects.
- Applying appropriate analytic techniques and tools to analyze big data, create statistical models, and identify insights that can lead to actionable results
- Using tools such as: R and RStudio, MapReduce/Hadoop, in-database analytics.
- Explain how advanced analytics can be leveraged to create competitive advantage and how the data scientist role and skills differ from those of a traditional business intelligence analyst.
- Faculty Development Programme on Data Science and Big Data Analytics has been organized in association with ICT Academy, where the Faculty Members in and around our institution has been attended.
- Totally 100 students from various departments got trained by our faculty team and also the students undergone intense training through the workshop on Data Science and Big Data analytics organized by ICT Academy.
- Followed by training, Faculty members and Students attended online certification exam held at Jansons Institute of Technology and recognized as EMC Academic Associate.